Sunday, August 21, 2011

Refreshing

Another gorgeous sunny day in Washington. I am loving it! This morning Phil had some errands to do that would take all morning, so I got to work on my cooking prep for the rest of the week. I steamed potatoes, cooked rice, washed and bagged up 5 dinners of vegetables. Wow I feel accomplished and ready to hit the week running. Oops, I mean to relax the rest of the week!

But, shortly before Phil was due home he phoned me. His car developed a leak in his water hose, and he was just letting me know he might be calling me for rescue, so stay near the phone. He thought he could make it, but his car overheated and he was waiting for me on Black Lake Blvd. Judy to the rescue with duct tape and three gallons of water. It was a pretty easy temporary fix.

We were both starving, so we decided to go somewhere NEW for lunch. We went to the Fish Tale. They had outdoor seating, which suited us fine, and all this beautiful artwork painted on the outside walls. (the above is now my desktop picture).


We were very impressed with the food. They have a real chef in their kitchen! My Fish Tale Eggs Benedict were the best I've ever had!


Ciabatta bread instead of English muffins, the best bacon ever in place of the Canadian bacon, the eggs were poached to perfection, and there was not a lot of creamy sauce on top. It was hard to choose, there were so many delightful things on the menu. I think we'll be going back there again.

I'm really getting into these reflection photos aren't I? This one was unique because of the painted silhouettes on the windows. Then, we did something we have never done before, even though we have both lived in Olympia most of our lives.....


We got jugs of water (heh heh just happened to have empty jugs in our car) from the downtown Artesian Spring. Really, this pipe is in the middle of a parking lot, and there are people gathered around with their jugs or water bottles filling them up with this cold clear water.

I hope your day was refreshing also.









1 comment:

  1. I didn't know about that Artesian well. I mean, I kind of knew about it, the beer and all that, but I didn't know it was free for the taking! Cool! Nice day mom!

    ReplyDelete