Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Creative Color Workshop

This morning, with the guys off fishing, I had the house to myself for 3 hours before I had to leave on various matters. I started my on-line class. I watched about an hour's worth of videos, taking notes because of course I will forget everything shortly! Day One deals with inspirations... She started us out by showing us where to look for color combinations that you might not normally think of or use. Her first suggestion was magazine pages. She found one with lots of lavender, pink, teal, greens... She makes a little chart breaking down the colors, then you collect things you have in those colors, and start creating!


She made the above 3-canvas set as a demo. You can really tell she is winging it and figuring out what she wants to do next as she goes. I think it came out really cute. Our "assignment" is to find some magazine pages with colors you like and make a color sketch chart to work from. And to dive in and MAKE SOMETHING!


I downloaded the two first pictures from the scarlet lime site to use in this post, and found the above and below pictures in among the things I liked earlier and wanted to keep a copy of. Cute and somewhat similar huh?




You've seen this one before. . . But I think I'll use these ideas to launch my first project.


Its 5:30 p.m. and my fishermen aren't back yet, so maybe I'll have time to get something started NOW!

























1 comment: