Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fishy Business and a Series of Unfortunate Events.

Yesterday Phil and Walker went on an all day fishing/hiking trip. They left the house at 7:00 a.m. and got home about 9:00 p.m. They say they walked 15 miles, and from all the complaints about sore muscles and foot pain, I believe it! The following photos are from Phil's cell phone. Flapjack Lake (Staircase area - Olympic Mountains.

Unfortunately no fish.

The last bit of the hike - tired and cranky.

The middle part of the hike - blissful fishing, napping, reading, sunning.
They didn't get any fish, but had a great day together.

Today, we discovered there was an unfortunate incident with Walker's plane ticket to go back to school! Its a long story, but suddenly we found he had NO ticket after all. He is supposed to leave Saturday. Many stressful phone calls later, he has a new ticket to leave Friday night on the red-eye. He will be flying all night and arriving in Michigan Saturday morning.

I scrambled to get a going-away feast together tonight. Steaks and red potatoes, salad from my CSA box, fresh green beans. He even had a glass of wine with us! Packing tonight, and all day tomorrow to finish up. The summer visit, although it was three whole months, has gone by fast.














2 comments:

  1. Flying is sressful enough. No one needs ticket hassles, too. Bon voyage, Walker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...that stinks! No fish and a red-eye! I'll miss him...even though I can't actually see him, it feels like I do when he's there with you! :o) Safe travels little brother!

    ReplyDelete