I'm starting a new on-line class this week. This is another class by Christy Tomlinson at Scarletlime.com. She also taught the 3 Hearts class that I shared some of my art journal pages from. She has such a fun presentation - like your neighbor-friend sitting down with you and showing you how to do something - making little mistakes and fixing them along the way, talking and chatting the whole time. It has a one-on-one feel to it. This new class is CREATIVE COLOR WORKSHOP. Watch for some samples coming up. It's a 5-day mini-class.
I haven't said much about my vegetables recently, but we are eating very healthy! Lots of greens, especially kale, collards, chard, and lots of different lettuces. I'm so glad W is home, he is willing to try pretty much anything I make and declare it tasty. Otherwise I'm afraid I'd be eating it all by myself. We have salad almost every night. Here is another beet recipe we have enjoyed:
GOLDEN HUMMUS
Puree cooked golden beet (large-ish) with one can drained garbanzo beans.
Add:
2 T plain yogurt
2 T lemon juice
1T Tahine (or not)
1 tsp ground cumin
Process until smooth. You might need to add a little more liquid. I added some Italian Parsley from my box too - and a little salt - and some red pepper flakes. Serve with Pita chips or tortilla chips. Salty crunch tastes best with this.
Actually, Phil liked this one more than he thought he would.
It's a nice appetizer while dinner is cooking.
What an adorable baby! He's just so sweet and kissable looking! :o)
ReplyDelete