Monday, August 15, 2011

I love Mondays!

W's last day here, we carved out a little time to go to a movie together...We went to see Captain America! It was pretty good. Lots of action for the guys. I kind of liked the comic book aspect, it wasn't filled with a lot of angst. Lots of great photography and interesting characters. I shot this photo of Puss 'n Boots in the lobby. I wonder if that will be one we want to see...



The above is a photo I made everyone freeze on the streets of Shelton...on our way to watching the newest Harry Potter movie. Our family portrait!



Tonight's dinner - I just have to share. This is my chicken-vegetable soup, made a few days ago, for tonight's non-cooking dinner. It is packed with fresh vegetables from Farmer's Market: onions, garlic, carrots, celery, potatoes, kale, zucchini. I added a can of Northern beans and a can of diced tomatoes. Plus quite a bit of chicken. It was very good! I probably enjoyed it more then hubby did, but I did make him a nice grilled cheese sandwich to go with his. Today was supposed to be a rainy gray soup kind of day. I am happy to report it's sunny and in the upper 70's. Beautiful.




I love Mondays because that is when I babysit little Wyatt. We had so much fun today, so many giggles, chortles, smiles and grins.
















2 comments:

  1. I love that you make your life 'charmed'.... indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dinner! Ours was much more rustic-Beef Pot Pie (homemade with potatoes from our garden) steamed beets and acorn squash. YUM!

    I love the family portrait. You should get it framed!

    The last time we were at the movies we saw poster for Tin-Tin. ???

    ReplyDelete