Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I tried to get some good photos of Wyatt today. I love how he is reaching for toys and sometimes gets one! Like all my grandchildren, he indulges me.


My sister Jonny reminded me Sunday that the reason I started this blog was to find the joy and treasures in every day. I had totally forgotten that! It really does make me stop and think during my day, "This is a special moment I will want to blog about".



Phil is not home for dinner tonight, so I made the above just for me. With my CSA box, it is always a challenge to use up all the vegetables before the next Thursday delivery! So, I figured I better eat some vegetables tonight! My salad is green leaf lettuce, sliced cucumber, and finely sliced fennel. I topped it with Caesar dressing, croutons and Parmesan. Good! I made the potatoes via a recipe I saw on the cooking channel tonight. Steam new (tiny) potatoes. Smash them (so they still hold together) and then fry the little potato patties in oil with some salt and pepper. Delicious! I love potatoes, and these were great.


I don't know how this little video of Wyatt will come out, but I'm giving it a try. Just for Auntie Carissa.




3 comments:

  1. Blogging has helped me notice (and record) special little details about life that I wouldn't otherwise recognize.

    Cute baby, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THe video came out great! Did you know I gave him that toy? Thanks mom! What's the black stuff on your plate? Are those purple potatoes? The salad looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm wondering about the black/purple things, too! Good video of the baby BTW!

    ReplyDelete