Sunday, December 13, 2009

December 13 - Christmas Tree Day


I insisted we get a smaller tree this year, because we wouldn't have Walker to help. You can see the one we picked is longer than EVER!
The nice guy who sold us the tree offered to take a photo of us. He also took one last year of the three of us, in a very similar pose.



This is the tree we chose!



This Charlie Brown tree was runner up. Well, Phil was never interested. I thought it had a nice quirky look about it!

Here it is in our living room! We called Walker at this stage and told him all about our outing and how the tree looked. Also, that it started SNOWING!
We will take the rest of the day to put up the lights and hang the ornaments. The house smells very good! Phil will set everything to be turned on and off at set times so the tree will always be lit when we get up in the morning, and go out after we go to bed. (The clock on the wall is set to Hillsdale, Michigan time).


Look! Snow! We got our tree just in time. We were able to put it up dry!





We had a really fun day.

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Phil with the tape measurer! That's hilarious! Jonathan was sitting on my lap while I was reading this post and I asked him who was in the picture, he said, "Gram-Gram & Pop Pop." Honest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool!! I love your tree! Be sure and post a picture of it with lights!
    Thanks
    Tirzah.

    ReplyDelete