A beautiful view in Olympia today! It was a frozen frosty morning, and the Olympics showed up so beautifully. I see this view almost daily and occasionally I get a chance to stop and take a photo from my car. Today a fellow was crossing the street and saw me shooting a photo and changed his course so he wouldn't be in my shot. Very nice.
OK, back home and decorating: This Scottie dog is made of wood by my dad. We went to an art show at the State Capital Museum once, and he saw one like this and went home to see if he could make one too. He did and he gave it to me! (Thank you!). It is one of my favorite Christmas decorations.
A few of our snowmen. I usually put them ALL in the bathroom but this year I am moving things around a little differently. Several of those were made by Walker in grade school; Jonny carved the snowman in the foreground. I think I bought this at her garage sale!

I put nutcrackers in the bathroom for a change this year. This is about half of them! At the Christmas Forest, there was a tree with big nutcrackers like this wired into the tree - hmmm, maybe some year ...
And this morning I trimmed a bunch of greens and tonight I started this wreath. My dad made the form, you just weave greens around and around, then tie or wire it all tight, lift it off the frame and there you go! I'll take a finished photo tomorrow. I think I'll let it sit overnight outside so it keeps its shape when I take it off the form tomorrow. . .
A few of our snowmen. I usually put them ALL in the bathroom but this year I am moving things around a little differently. Several of those were made by Walker in grade school; Jonny carved the snowman in the foreground. I think I bought this at her garage sale!
I put nutcrackers in the bathroom for a change this year. This is about half of them! At the Christmas Forest, there was a tree with big nutcrackers like this wired into the tree - hmmm, maybe some year ...
More sewing tonight, I better get busy!
Beautiful wreath! Nothing is green here! I was hoping to find something for our Thanksgiving centerpiece, but there is NOTHING green! At least not in my yard! The mountains are beautiful too! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI've got some pine branches from Christmas tree stores that I've been hoping to make into a wreath. Plus a few pinecones!
ReplyDeleteOh, Taliah and Jonathan do not have a Christmas quilt. Thanks for asking! I'm sure they want one! Love you!
Tirzah.