Sunday, December 13, 2009

Two parties on Saturday December 12


Christmas Greetings! I found this postcard in an antique store and I thought it was so pretty and sweet.
Today I got up early and headed out to a 10:00 a.m. Christmas party with the Rubbermaids. We had food planned, a gift exchange, a craft, and games! We had a $10 limit on the gifts and I took the lazy way out and bought a gift certificate from a scrapbooking store, so I made this decorated clothespin to clamp on the outside for a personal touch. I'm glad I got a photo, because I really like the way it turned out. I glued ribbon on both sides of the clothespin, then punched out snowflakes (from tracing paper) applied stickles and the gem is a button glued onto a silk flower.



Another view.


Here are all the $10 limit gifts brought to the party. We played a paperchase game that went like this: Everyone brought a stack of scrapbooking paper (12 x 12); When someone said "GO" we tried to get one piece from each person and give one of ours to each person. Whoever was first to get a "set" of one of each wins. We all won with a set of 12 new pieces of paper. It was quick! Like 1 minute! Kind of an ice-breaker game.


I arrived late and didn't want to start the craft project late so I just visited and observed and ate fresh strawberries, cashews, and celery. Here are some of the ladies hard at work.



Sue set two beautiful tables for lunch. She does everything so nicely. It was very festive. Appetizers were fruit, vegetables, hummus, egg salad with crackers, deviled eggs, mixed nuts. The strawberries were especially sweet and fresh tasting.





Table No. 2.


Another game we played was very complicated but it went like this: The hostess made slips of paper with names of well known people on it, and we grouped into teams. Each team had 2 minutes to try to describe the name of as many people from the slips as they could (1st round) then, using the same names had to describe as many as they could as in charades (2nd round) and then using the same names (but you never knew which of the 45 or so you would get) using one word. Our team did horrible, and twice I drew "George Bailey" and you know we don't watch Its a Wonderful Life but somehow I knew who that was but no one else in my team knew who it was. It was funny and frustrating, because everyone else in the room knew!



Joanna made the little name place tag bags. Its fun being in such a crafty artistic group! We had salad and lasagna and french bread for lunch. Dessert was an overwhelming assortment of home made cookies, lemon bars, pumpkin pie, chocolate fondue, an interesting dish of caramel and peanuts and cream cheese with apple wedges to dip.








These are the crafts everyone else made. Now I wish I had done one too, but at the time it was very nice to sit and visit and watch.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
On my way home, I had to go to the post office because I sold 3 more books on Amazon! When I got home I sold one more. I think people must be Christmas shopping! I have finally finished my sewing and have started reversing the condition of Walker's room.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Then, at 5:30 we went to a neighbor's house for egg nog and "hearty appetizers". "Not dinner but don't eat first" were the instructions. This neighbor's home was beautiful, with a tree in the parlor and a tree in the family room. It was so beautifully decorated it wanted us to come home and start over! There were 5 couples, counting us so it was a very nice, comfortable pleasant gathering. The appetizers were grilled shrimp, steak sliced on baguettes, chicken and water chestnut wrapped in bacon, quiche, and other goodies. Dessert was "kringle" (a pastry), Costco brownie bites decoratively stacked on a pedestal plate and sprinkled with powdered sugar, and stuffed dates. It was all lovely and delicious! We planned to stay two hours and ended up staying until 11:30! I would have loved to have taken photos of everything but it seemed just a little wrong to bring my camera and snap photos of everything!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Today we are getting our tree and reorganizing the living room!
> > > > > > >




1 comment:

  1. What a fun and special time! Such beautiful decorations and crafts! So fun! WE went sledding today...that was so fun, but a little cold. We went to Wendy's for lunch afterward and ended with frosty's so our insides felt like our outsides! :o)

    ReplyDelete